Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I had a cut in the corner of my mouth

I had a cut in the corner of my mouth

Patient: I had a cut in the corner of my mouth from my lips being dry a few days later i got a bump on the bottom of my lip then they small ones began to develop on my lips but they were not clustered they were a whiteish color,I popped those it was about 4 after the bumps began to heal now i have very tiny bump all over my top lip plus the whiteish bumps are coming back could this be a allergic reaction or herpes?

Symptoms: Different size bumps on lips

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.I think that you have an allergic rash of the lips. This is caused when there is release of cytokines due to some allergen. This causes the rash and the symptoms of swelling. You can try taking tablet Levocet once a day to see if it helps you.If the rash is not gone in 3 days, please see a Doctor.Hope this helps you.