Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I had a d&c on Feb 12 and only spotted for about 2 days.

I had a d&c on Feb 12 and only spotted for about 2 days.

Patient: I had a d&c on Feb 12 and only spotted for about 2 days then we had protected sex on Feb 15 and then we have been having unprotected sex since. now I’m spotting brown discharge. what could be the reason?

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query,If after 15th Feb, you have been involved in unprotected sex till date then the presen t spotting per vaginum in form of light brown discharge might as well be an implantation bleed unless pregnancy is ruled out. As you were sexually active during your fertile period and have not used nay protection again, the chances of pregnancy are really high. Please get a serum beta hCG test done to rule out pregnancy first,Regards