I had a D and c 2 and a half

Patient : I had a D and c 2 and a half weeks ago for excessive bleeding I had a pylop removed. Since Thursday I've gotten sporadic sharp pains in my lower abdomen. When I woke up this morning I was bleeding lightly but my stomach is cramping horribly. It almost feels as if it's contractions. Should I be concerned or is this normal.
Doctor :   Hi. Thanks for your question and an elucidate history. Read and understood that you had D and Can, polyp was remov ed, now have bleeding with severe pain. This may be due to a clot in the uterus trying to expel or a retained product in the uterus. Another possibility of peritonitis has to be remembered. I would advise you the following : Urgent ultrasound of the abdomen and pelvis. X-ray of abdomen in standing position. Consult your Gynecologist for further actions depending upon the findings. Hope this helps you