I had a D and c 2 and a half

Patient

Q: I had a D and c 2 and a half weeks ago for excessive bleeding I had a pylop removed. Since Thursday I've gotten sporadic sharp pains in my lower abdomen. When I woke up this morning I was bleeding lightly but my stomach is cramping horribly. It almost feels as if it's contractions. Should I be concerned or is this normal.

Doctor

A:   Hi.
Thanks for your question and an elucidate history.

Read and understood that you had D and Can, polyp was removed, now have bleeding with severe pain.
This may be due to a clot in the uterus trying to expel or a retained product in the uterus.
Another possibility of peritonitis has to be remembered.
I would advise you the following :
Urgent ultrasound of the abdomen and pelvis.
X-ray of abdomen in standing position.
Consult your Gynecologist for further actions depending upon the findings.

Hope this helps you