Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I had a D and c 2 and a half

I had a D and c 2 and a half

Patient: I had a D and c 2 and a half weeks ago for excessive bleeding I had a pylop removed. Since Thursday I’ve gotten sporadic sharp pains in my lower abdomen. When I woke up this morning I was bleeding lightly but my stomach is cramping horribly. It almost feels as if it’s contractions. Should I be concerned or is this normal.

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your question and an elucidate history.Read and understood that you had D and Can, polyp was remov ed, now have bleeding with severe pain.This may be due to a clot in the uterus trying to expel or a retained product in the uterus.Another possibility of peritonitis has to be remembered.I would advise you the following :Urgent ultrasound of the abdomen and pelvis.X-ray of abdomen in standing position.Consult your Gynecologist for further actions depending upon the findings.Hope this helps you