Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I had a deep tissue massage, and during the session, i had a sharp pain.

I had a deep tissue massage, and during the session, i had a sharp pain.

Patient: I had a deep tissue massage, and during the session, the therapist hit a spot on the back of my ribs on the left side that caused a sharp pain. He focused on the area for a few minutes, and then said it was not in my muscles and said it felt squishy and was moving around, and to ask a doctor about it. Every time he hit that particular spot, it was very painful. What could this be?

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for posting your query on ATD.I have gone through your query and understand your concern.Hope your query get answered.Wishing you a good health.Take care.