Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I had a fracture 2 weeks ago in distal radius. I broke my right bone of left arm.

I had a fracture 2 weeks ago in distal radius. I broke my right bone of left arm.

Patient: I had a fracture 2 weeks ago in distal radius. I broke my right bone of left arm. It’s been in a cast since i fractured it. It was getting better everyday but i started having little bit pain since 2 days. I got an x-ray 5 days ago and doctor said it’s in position/aligned. I wanted to know why is the wrist hurting? I fell down while playing football. Also, when can I start playing football again?

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for your query.I have gone through your query and understand your concern. You got fracture of your ulna. You has been treated by cast. Your doctor is saying that your alignment is good. Now you are worried about some amount of pain in wrist. It may be due to some eodema may be keeping your wrist dependent. Another reason is there is always some movement of bones in the plaster leading to pain. Nothing to worry about it if alignment is good. It will settle down with analgesic such as ibuprofen whenever you have pain. Active finger movements are helpful in reducing swelling. Hope your query get answered. Wishing you a good health. Take care.