Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I had a hair transplant about three months ago and

I had a hair transplant about three months ago and

Patient: I had a hair transplant about three months ago and now I have been having acne on my scalp. I was wondering if it is ok to use benzoyl peroxide on my scalp while washing my hair?Thank you!Bud

Doctor: Hello thanks for your health query on ATD.Usually pimples does not appear over the scalp. So there is no role of usi ng BPO. It appears that you are having bacterial infection of scalp skin . This may be because of improper cleaning of scalp skin. My advice wash your scalp with a good quality antibacterial shampoo.Hope this will give you relief.