Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I had a laproscopic ovarian cystectomy 6 days ago

I had a laproscopic ovarian cystectomy 6 days ago

Patient: I had a laproscopic ovarian cystectomy 6 days ago. I am experiencing increased pain around two of the incisions and severe swelling and/or swelling of the abdomen. Is this normal?

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the queryNO, this is not normal. You seem to have developed an intestinal obstruction or a paralyti c ileus or even an infection. In case you have not passed stools, it could be due to fecal accumulation as well.Kindly see the doctor immediately, it needs immediate attention and follow up with an examination.Hope this helped.Regards