I had a miscarriage a week ago I am bleeding

Q: I had a miscarriage a week ago I am bleeding more with blood clots and my pelvic area is swollen should I worry I have pain in a scale of 6

A:   Hi.
Welcome to ATD. Thanks for the query.

In pregnancy, the hormone Progesterone increases. Progesterone helps maintain the pregnancy. Progesterone causes multiple effects in the body.

A few of these can be increased bleeding and clots. After miscarriage, the hormone levels do not drop immediately, thus you would still be having the symptoms.

Also, if the size of the Uterus is large due to pregnancy, it will contract to reduce in size. This can cause pain. Talk to a Gynecologist to confirm this.

Hope this helps you. All the best.