I had a miscarriage and D&C

Patient : I had a miscarriage and D&C 3.5 months ago. I have had 2 normal menstrual cycles since. I am now 2 weeks late. I did a Clearblu digital test that gave a positive and a 4-5 week pregnant result. Is it possible that the positive test is due to residual HCG hormones 3.5 months after the D&C and normal menstration?
Doctor :   Hi, Thanks for the query. I understand your concern. As you got two menstrual periods after abortion, the positive pregnancy test may not be due to previous pregnancy hormones. This could be fresh rise in beta HCG levels due to second pregnancy which has given positive urine pregnancy test. By undergoing an ultrasound, the presence of pregnancy can be identified. Hope this helps. Take care.