I had a miscarriage July 2013 @ 7wks

Patient: I had a miscarriage July 2013 @ 7wks. I pater became pregnant April 2014 & miscarried June 2014. I started taking zofran when I was 8 weeks pregnant. I had a missed miscarriage at 12wks2days but the baby had stopped growing at 10wks 2days. Can Zofran cause miscarriages?

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.The period of time, when medications can cause an abortion, is usually under 8 weeks of pregnancy. So, you may not have gotten an abortion due to other causes.The best thing that you can do is to not use any medications even if they are thought to be safe in pregnancy. This will help you to prevent abortions.Talk to a Doctor to rule out causes of recurrent abortions. Here are the possible causes:Uterine conditionsCervical conditionsThrombophiliaImmune factorsAntiphospholipid syndromeOvarian problemsInfectionsTalk to a Gynecologist to get treated. I hope this helps you. All the best.