Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I had a missed abortion 3 weeks agomy babys heart

I had a missed abortion 3 weeks agomy babys heart

Patient: I had a missed abortion 3 weeks ago..my babys heart beat stopped suddenly..I didn’t have any symptom of bleeding or cramps..so last week i had d&c..and i just got my report yesterday but my follw up visit with my doctor is this Friday..but I don’t want to wait..they did chromosomal analysis..the result is abnormal male arr(1-22)x3,(x)x2.(y)x1 what does it mean? Is is beacause of numeric abnormalities or structural abnormalities..i am so worried..and i am 22 years old..pls answer me

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion,The chromosomal analysis of the missed abortus indicated a chrom osomal anomaly and not a structural anomaly which was incompatible with life and hence there was a missed abortion. It is suggested that you both as a couple should undergo a karyotyping as well and look for any chromosomal aberrations. If detected then the best would be to seek a genetic counsellor’s opinion regarding your future issues.The foetus had numeric abnormality and translocational aberration in chromosomes incompatible with life and hence you had missed abortion.I hope i have answered your query,Wishing you good health,Regards