Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I had a pingpong size cyst on my leg

I had a pingpong size cyst on my leg

Patient: I had a pingpong size cyst on my leg just below the knee. About twelve hours ago, I was rubbing it because I had an itch,and it popped. It’s entirely below the skin. Do I need to seek immediate treatment?

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query.It is always preferable to seek immediate medical attention as you can get the proper dia gnosis about what the cyst is composed of, what probable treatment may be needed to avoid recurrence as half-treated cysts do recur.And immediate care, sterile dressing and may be a course of an antibiotic and anti-inflammatory medicines if needed will be prescribed.I hope this answer helps you.