I had a positive pregnancy test on 9 days past

Patient

Q: I had a positive pregnancy test on 9 days past ovulation then on 13 days past ovulation I got pinches and very very light pink spotting only on toilet paper when wiped what could that mean? Twins?

Doctor

Thanks for the query,
If you have undertaken a blood serum beta hcg test after 7 days of intercourse and it has turned out to be positive then you are definitely pregnant. But in case you opted for the strip based urine pregnancy kit test after 9 days of ovulation then it is likely to be a false positive test .
So , if beta hcg test is positive then the spotting on 13th day can be associated with luteal phase defect and shall require progesterone support to be started with immediate effect. But in case it was a urine pregnancy test, then please reconfirm pregnancy with the serum beta hcg test. If negative, then likely that the spotting on 13th day post ovulation is the onset of your menses.
I hope i have answered your query in detail,
wishing you good health,
regards