Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I had a rocephine (hope I spelled that right) shot

I had a rocephine (hope I spelled that right) shot

Patient: I had a rocephine (hope I spelled that right) shot on a Friday then turned around and got a steroid cocktail shot Saturday 2 weeks ago, I started a new birth control this Sunday would it be compromised.?

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.If the Rocephline or ceftriaxone and steroid shots were taken 2 weeks ago, then their effect and efficacy would have been over by 2 weeks for sure. And if you have started on a new contraceptive control from this week, hopefully on day 1/2 of your new cycle, then you should not be troubled as this pack would not be affected by the antibiotic and steroid taken 2 weeks back and you shall avail a complete contraceptive benefit with this pack.I hope I have answered your query in detail.Wishing you good health.Regards