Ask The Doctor > Pending > I had a severe ankle break on the right ankle

I had a severe ankle break on the right ankle

Patient: I had a severe ankle break on the right ankle following 40 I.V. chemotherapy, not to mention 5 years of oral therapy causing my break not to heal for almost 5 yrs. I had 3 surgeries and was in non walking casts the entire time. It was ultimately fused using rod hammers to ny knee, large permanent pins and bone marrow implant….thus I have slept in the same reclined for 14 yrs. Last night, I slept with my knees bent on the smaller foot area of the chair for comfort since my chair no longer declines. When I awoke, both my heels and Achilles tendons were red and painful with the left leg much worse. It is very painful radiating toward the inside higher than the heel/mid bottom of my foot but still red, swollen like the Achilles tendon. Warm now…both legs were hot earlier. What has happened and is it says to walk? What will ease the pain? I have tAmen Tylenol but cannot use SAID due to my coumadin. Help. Thank you. 🙂 Your helpful advice and expertise is appreciated! :)「

Doctor: