Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I had a total knee replacement 6 months ago Why

I had a total knee replacement 6 months ago Why

Patient: I had a total knee replacement 6 months ago. Why is my knee always warm?

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.Usually knees are replaced with materials that are slightly allergenic or able to produc e some reaction with the body. This reaction is usually your body responding to the metal or the material used and causing the WBC to produce some antibodies and causing heat.This is a normal reaction and as long as the joint is heated only locally and you do not have a fever, you are fine. If the temperature gets higher or you get a fever, then please see your Doctor.Hope this helps you.