I had a tubal ligation 12 years ago, I'm 44

Patient : I had a tubal ligation 12 years ago, I'm 44 years old and my last period was March 15. I am normally extremely regular..Could I be pregnant ?
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query. Though you have had a tubal ligation earlier, since you have missed the cycles for o ver 2 months, we have to first rule out pregnancy. The chance of failure of tubal ligation always exists and can be upto 1 percent. Kindly consult a gynecologist for an examination and pregnancy test. Hope this helped. Regards