I had a tubal ligation 8 years ago, 3 years ago. I was 3 weeks late to my period.

Patient : I had a tubal ligation 8 years ago, 3 years ago. I was 3 weeks late for my period and when it started finally it lasted almst 5 weeks, very heavy ,bad cramping passing clots, fever so i went to the er. During my examination the nurses were in a panic when they had to grab towels because of how bad it was, at one point they left with the towels. I was so out of it from pain and my fever was very high so i don't remember allof what was said. I was prescribed a pill to stop the bleeding because ibrefused a blood transfusion. I was told to make an appointment for a d&c, which i admit.i never did. After being released and being home within two days the bleeding stopped almost completely, and my periods went baxk to normal. Here i am now, 4 weeks late on my period again, ive taken a home pregnancy test and it was negative. Is it possible that i could be pregnant?
Doctor :   Hi, Thanks for the query. I understand your concern. As you underwent tubal ligation, the possibility of pregnancy is less. Irregularities in menstrual cycles can occur due to many causes like lifestyle modifications, weight changes, stress and strain, general conditions like anemia, polycystic ovary disease, gonadal or thyroid hormonal imbalance, prolactin level changes etc. As you are four weeks late to your periods and as you are having previous history of menstrual irregularity, better to consult your Doctor once and get evaluated. By physical examination and investigations like ultrasound, gonadal hormonal profile, thyroid hormonal profile, prolactin levels, hemoglobin and blood sugar levels estimation etc, the possible cause of your problem can be identified and treated. Hope this helps. Take care.