I had a urin test 5 days ago and the

Patient

Q: I had a urin test 5 days ago and the dr said it contained a very high level of puss cells. I have been on bacterium since then. My urine continues to be cloudy and foamy. I have had bladder infections before, but this time there is no sign of blood or decrease in the amount each time, which is about twice an hour. With 5 times during the night. Of course I am drinking a lot of water, but am used to that as this is normal for me. Should I see the dr again? Could this be something else going on.

Doctor

Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion,

The presence of pus cells does indicate infection and increased frequency of urine itself is a major symptom. This need not be always accompanied with red blood cells or hematuria as in cystitis but mere pus cells and epithelial cells are enough to make a diagnosis. It is further suggested that a urine culture needs to be done to isolate the organism and a course of urinary antibiotics should be taken for a week ideally. You may discuss the treatment whether the antibiotics needs to be escalated depending upon the culture report.

I hope i have answered your query,
Wishing you speedy recovery,

Patient: Is this something I should be concerned about? Such as how soon should I go back to the Dr? I still have 2 days of antiboticsleft left. Should I wait until I have finished all of them?
Doctor: Hello,
You may finish the course of antibiotics andget a fresh urine culture and microscopy doen after the course as i believe that the test which you have quoted must have been taken before the start of antibiotics.