I had a uti and i was taking antibiotics and

Patient

Q: I had a uti and i was taking antibiotics and uristat I had sex with my by last night and i felt nothing just numb and discomfort is that normal can a vagina lose feeling what should i do

Symptoms:  Lose of feeling in vagina discomfort and pain
Doctor

Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion,
If you have been on antibiotics and uristat for UTI and pain relief alone, then these drugs should not be a reason for a loss of vaginal sexual arousal sensations. However, phenazopyridine or uristat if taken at higher doses of more than 80mg a day can often cause such sensory side-effects.As you have been taking this medication along with antibiotics for symptoms related to a urinary tract infection, or possibly self-treating yourself , do not take it for more than 2 days. It is suggested that you should avoid using uristat and watch for sensations to return in next 48 hrs. If they do not then you need to be evaluated by a neuro physician for a local nerve dysfunction.
Wishing you good health,