Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I had abortion on 9th of april and the

I had abortion on 9th of april and the

Patient: I had abortion on 9th of april and the bleeding stopped on 19th april. i had two time sex with my husband after 19th april. now itz shows positive in HGC test. what should i do nw?

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.After abortion it will take some time for beta HCG levels t o come to zero level.This period may vary depending on the gestational age at which abortion occurred.This could be one possible cause for your positive HCG test.Better to repeat quantitative blood test for pregnancy after 4 to 5 days to detect the beta HCG levels.If beta HCG levels decrease compared with previous test, possibly the levels may come to zero after few days.If levels increase, better to go for ultrasound to find out the possible causes for it like pregnancy or trophoblastic disease etc and plan treatment accordingly with your doctor’s advice.Take care