I had acupuncture for the first time and where needles

Patient : I had acupuncture for the first time and where needles were placed in my lower back/spine area there are raised red marks from the needle and tenderness. Should I be concerned for an infection?
Doctor :   Hi. Thanks for your query. The redness at the puncture site can be due to a minimal infection. Yes, you should be concerned for the possible infection and ask for an antibiotic for a few days. Ask the Acupuncturist to use sterile needles and make the skin sterile by applying spirit or so. I hope this will help to get the problem resolved.