Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I had ad complete hysterectomy 5 yrs ago due to

I had ad complete hysterectomy 5 yrs ago due to

Patient: I had ad complete hysterectomy 5 yrs ago due to endometriosis. For the past 5 weeks I’ve had left abdominal pain ,left pelvic pain and left back pain . I’ve had several tests , colonoscopy , cystoretrograde, ct of abdomen and pelvis , blood work….. All negative . I’m thinking my endometriosis is back , adhesions ….. What could this be . Nothing is in the right side , no pain at all



Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.The possibilities could be a hormonal imbalance after hysterectomy which goes unpicked up in many cases. Since all the tests include CT scan and colonoscopy have come out negative, there is no need for you to worry about.Post-operative adhesions can be a possibility, but it is very rare to cause symptoms.However, it is better to treat the condition with hormonal supplements. HRT may help you. Consult your gynecologist for this option and try it fro a few months if you do not have any contra- indications to the therapy.If that does not seem to help, you will need to undergo a laparoscopy to rule out any acute conditions which have got unnoticed during your prior investigations.Constipation and irritable bowel disease can cause similar problems. Stress, lack of sleep and anxiety can be contributory factors. If everything is ruled out, you will have to consult a psychiatrist to rule out somatization disorders and can be started on symptomatic therapy.Kindy drink plenty of water daily, have a healthy diet and make sure you sleep for 8 hours a day. Yoga, meditation and relaxation techniques will help you. The hormones will fall into place most of the times with these remedies.Write back for any clarifications.Hope this helped.Regards



Comments / Follow Ups

Patient: I have been getting hormone replacement pellet implanted in my hip every 4 months . Estrogen and testosterone .

Doctor: Hello,
Thanks for the reply.
Kindly consult an orthopedic doctor for a second opinion and get your calcium and vitamin b 12 levels tested.
Hope this helped.


Ask The Doctor
    Ask The Doctor
Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

Dr. Suneel Sharman completed his residency in Family Medicine at the University of Toronto. He currently operates Infinity Health Centre, a walk-in-clinic in downtown Toronto.

Book Appointment