Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I had an abdominal and pelvic CT scan to diagnose

I had an abdominal and pelvic CT scan to diagnose

Patient: I had an abdominal and pelvic CT scan to diagnose diverticulitis and right side achy pain. All organs looked normal. However i have multiple bilateral hypodense subcentimeter renal lesions too small to characterize. No hydronephrosis or nephrolithiasis. They may represent possible renal cysts. E d of the report. Shoukd i be worried?

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query and an elucidate report.CT shows multiple hypodense subcentimeter renal lesions that t he Radiologist can not confirm about.In such a case, I would advise you to consult a Urologist for correlating the clinical picture, clinical examinations and the CT reports.He can think about the possibility and order for further investigations to get a proper diagnosis.I hope, this helps you.