I had an abdominal laparotomy for an ectopic pregnancy about

Q: I had an abdominal laparotomy for an ectopic pregnancy about three weeks ago. They removed one fallopian tube and ovary I was in the hospital for five days. How long should I expect recovery time to be. I am feeling a lot better but still have some discomfort. Also how long should I wait to have sex?

Symptoms:  Abdominal discomfort from abdominal laparotomy for an ectopic pregnancy

A:   Hi.
Noted your history of Laparotomy for tubal pregnancy, about 3 weeks ago.

3 weeks is a fine recovery time, you can resume daily chores easily.
Yes, the discomfort will be there as there might have been intra-abdominal bleeding that keeps on irritating in some cases. and most important reason if Psychological as you lose a baby, you lost a tube and ovary, this all goes behind the conscious mind and makes you feel more sick.

You can wait for the sex till you feel fit, this is anytime as per your convenience.

I hope this answers your query.