I had an abortion a week ago, the bleeding was

Patient

Q: I had an abortion a week ago, the bleeding was very light and after a few days was almost completely gone but came back heavier with blood clots, is this normal?

Symptoms:  Heavier bleeding with blood clots
Doctor

A:   Hi,

Having heavy bleeding after one week of abortion is some what abnormal.
As bleeding is heavy, better to consult your doctor and get evaluated to rule out possible causes like retained products of conception, secondary infection etc.
By clinical examination and ultrasound, the possible cause of your problem can be identified and treated.

Take care.