I had an abortion a while ago

Patient: I had an adoration a while ago and when they checked, they seen some was left. I read that leaving some could keep me from having children and I mentioned it to them. They said it’s not a problem. It become a large vain or something (I don’t remember exactly) but it made my period stronger and they said I could possibly have some light bleed even when I’m pregnant in the future. Im still worried to this day if they were wrong and I won’t have babies. Did they tell me the truth that I can still have babies or should I get a test done for my own satisfaction?

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query,Retained products of conception should always be removed in toto unless it has been a placenta accreta where the placenta has grown into the myometrium of the uterus causing difficult removal. If that has been the situation bleeding is heavy and irregular and infertility may be a concern. So it is important that the uterus be emptied of its remaining contents with a surgical dilatation and curettage and then methotrexate therapy should be started to dissolute the accrete before the next pregnancy. Get an ultrasound pelvis done and then seek an opinion from your physician.Regards