Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I had an abortion on 11th March and had unprotected

I had an abortion on 11th March and had unprotected

Patient: I had an abortion on 11th March and had unprotected sex on 30th march.am I pregnant??

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.After undergoing abortion, the time taken for the restartin g of ovulation may vary from 15 days to few months depending on many factors like at what gestational age abortion occurred, general condition of the woman etc.So, if ovulated around the time of intercourse, there is a possibility of pregnancy.If you do not get periods four to five weeks after abortion, please go for urine pregnancy test once to rule out the possibility of pregnancy.Take care.