I had an abortion on April 17 when I was

Patient

Q: I had an abortion on April 17 when I was 5 weeks pregnant. On may 2 I had unprotected sex, just to be safe I took a Plan B pill but I took it 67 hours after. Now I started birth control. What are the chances I could be pregnant?

Doctor

A:   Hi,

The time taken for recurrence of ovulation and menstruation after abortion may vary depending on gestational age at abortion, general condition of the patient etc. If you had ovulation around the time of intercourse, there is some possibility of pregnancy.
But as you took emergency pill within 72 hours of intercourse the risk of pregnancy is somewhat low.
To be sure, please go for urine pregnancy test three weeks after intercourse to rule out the possibility of pregnancy.

Take care.