Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I had an ectopic pregnancy around 2 months ago

I had an ectopic pregnancy around 2 months ago

Patient: I had a ectopic pregnancy around 2 months ago and left tube was removed. Started trying again and I have noticed a odd pain/discomfort along my shoulders on my right are not on my shoulder tip but below and pain/ache in my neck.Not abdominal pain or bleeding. I have lower back pain. This has been going on for around a week and my period is due next week.Could this be another ectopic? Or am I just worring as not sure things can be felt this soon. Also not positive pregnancy tests yet.Thankyou

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.Since you have had a history of an ectopic and now presenting with symptoms suggestive of the same, it is better to be vigilant and rule out any odds. Kindly see a Gynecologist and do a beta hCG test, repeat the same after 48 hours to rule out the chances of ectopic. It could also be due to muscle aches or gastritis that you may be having the above symptoms, but we cannot take chances and ignore an ectopic possibility.Hope this helped.Regards.