I had an emergency hemorroidectomy twelve days ago (Female)

Q: I had an emergency hemorroidectomy twelve days ago. (Female) I into taille urinated but stopped and am having to self cath. I also have to have Bowel movements all day! So worried this will never end!

A:   Hi.
Thanks for your query.
Read and understood your history of operation of emergency hemorrhoidectomy, now that you have to do self-catherisazation, and bowel movements all the day - worried as if this will never end.

First of all. you have to get the correct diagnosis to get to the root of the problems and then treat it.

I would like to know a few things before I can help you more:
-Your age please.
-Why was the surgery done on emergency basis? Were the hemorrhoids thrombosed and prolapse causing too much pain or what was the problem that you had to go for emergency surgery as this is usually a planned case?
-Was it done under spinal anesthesia?
-Which laxative and other medicines are you taking at the moment?

The probable causes of the bowel movements all the day are:
- Overdose of laxative
- Effects of Antibiotic
The cause of self catheter may be a problem with bladder neck or urethra.

I would advise you the following:
- Change over to another antibiotic if you are taking one.
- Add probiotics / curds / yogurt /
- Stop foods and beverages that cause loose stools.
- Adjust the dose of the laxatives.
- Sitz bath.
- Proper cleaning of the anal and peri-anal area.
- Consult an Urologist about the bladder issue to see why self-catherisation is required.
- Drink plenty of oral fluids and water.

I hope this answer helps you, please feel free to ask for further queries if you need to or if you feel that there is a gap-of-communication.

Awaiting for your feedback .
Thank you.