Ask The Doctor > Pending > I had an extensive surgery last Wednesday (9 days ago)

I had an extensive surgery last Wednesday (9 days ago)

Patient: I had an extensive surgery last Wednesday (9 days ago) and it was my first time to be put to sleep. I had an allergic reaction to Demerol but it was cleared up easily with Benadryl. They gave me Percocet to come home on. For the three days after the surgery, I had chest pains. I called and they said it may be the Percocet and swapped me to Tramadol. For the past few days, my whole left side has been hurting me so bad I can’t sleep on it. My leg, abdomen, chest, shoulder, arm, and neck. My hand has also been going numb very easily. I had noticed before I even had the surgery though I had been having a lot of migraines and numbness in my hands and feet, insomnia, etc. what should I do? I go back for my follow up appointment this Wednesday.

Doctor: