I had an inverted T tummy tuck 5 years ago

Q: I had an inverted T tummy tuck 5 years ago. Unfortunately since that time I have gained weight. I feel that the combined impact of the weight gain and tightened abdominal muscles from the tummy tuck are causing pressure on my diaphragm that is making it difficult to breath deeply for exertion, etc. Can my surgery be reversed?

A:   Hi.
Thanks for your query.
To recapitulate: 56-65/Female - Inverted Tummy tuck 5 years ago - feels that the combined effects of gained weight and Tummy Tuck are causing pressure on diaphragm - making it difficult to breath deeply for exertion - Wants to know whether the surgery can be reversed .

I do not think that the surgery can be reversed, but your problems can be reversed by loosing weight.
Over the 5 years the effect of reverse tummy tuck might have already been reduced due to the natural process of aging and the problems at the moment can be due to the increased weight alone.

Consult a Dietitian and a exercise trainer to get the regimen of reducing weight and you may be better.

I hope this answer helps you.