Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I had an iud put in 8 days ago with

I had an iud put in 8 days ago with

Patient: I had an iud put in 8 days ago with my doctor and 7 days ago I had it removed in the emergency dept as it was very painful. Is it normal that I would still be bleeding. Not a lot but enough to use a pad. I have also had cramps all week and some discomfort where the iud was put in

Doctor: Thank you for writing to usWhat you are describing seems to be pelviv inflammatory disease. The treatment is removin g the iud and maintaining you with hormones.Hope this helps you. All the best.

Patient: Very disappointed with this site. Will not use this site again! What kind of an answer is that? You did not even take the time to read my question properly.