I had an iud put in 8 days ago with

Patient

Q: I had an iud put in 8 days ago with my doctor and 7 days ago I had it removed in the emergency dept as it was very painful. Is it normal that I would still be bleeding. Not a lot but enough to use a pad. I have also had cramps all week and some discomfort where the iud was put in

Doctor

A:   Thank you for writing to us

What you are describing seems to be pelviv inflammatory disease. The treatment is removing the iud and maintaining you with hormones.

Hope this helps you. All the best.

Patient: Very disappointed with this site. Will not use this site again! What kind of an answer is that? You did not even take the time to read my question properly.