I had an IUD put in January 19th 2015 ever since i have been having painful abdomen.

Patient

Q: I had an IUD put in January 19th 2015 ever since that I've been having painful abdominal pain and my menstral period has not stoped.

Doctor

IUCD can present with side effects like irregular menstrual periods, pain abdomen etc.
It may take few months for regularization of menstrual cycles and for subsidence of symptoms. Meanwhile you can take the symptomatic treatment with antifibrinolytic drugs or additional dose of hormones and antispasmodic drugs.
If symptoms persist for months even after the therapy, you may have to undergo removal of IUCD.
Take care.