I had an unprotected sex with a sex worker sometime

Patient: I had an unprotected sex with a sex worker sometime back. Had got myself checked for std. The report says…Torch:Hsv 1 igm (serum/Elisa) … Negative (0.5)Hsv 2 igm (serum/Elisa) … Negative (0.3)Chlamydia trachomatis DNA … NegativeSerology:TPHA (serum/haemogluttination) .. NegativeRPR for T.Palladium .. Non reactive.However in remarks it is noted:A significant rise in titre in a repeat sample after two weeks is suggestive of active infection.I’m worried whether it means positive or negative. Do I have a STD??? Please help.

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion,The reports of HSV 1&2 IgM , syphilis and chlamydia are prese ntly negative. The remark indicates that if there is a rise later after 2 weeks then there is likely active infection which is because if these tests are done less than a 2 weeks interval then they may be in an incubation period, hence not detectable.You should repeat the tests after 2 weeks again and also get a HIV 4th generation DUO test also done to rule out HIV infection.I hope i have answered your query,Wishing you safe sexual practices,Regards

Patient: Thanks, that helped. Please suggest me a list of tests to check for all the STD’s. I don’t want to have a continual anxiety over this. Thanks in advance.

Doctor: A REPEAT TORCH TEST, SYPHILIS, HIV TEST, GONORRHOEA,HbsAg AND UREAPLASMA should be tested for after 2 weeks.