I had an uti infection

Patient : So I recently just went to the doctor for a uti infection, I'm taking the medication for 5 days twice a day, and I'm on my fourth day, but it feels like it hasn't gone away. The irrational feeling.
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query. It will need some more time for the medication to act completely. Kindly wait for a cou ple of more days for a symptomatic relief. Also, drink plenty of water daily and have a nutritious diet. Stress must be reduced. Also, make sure you follow good sanitary hygiene and preferably avoid unprotected intercourse till you are completely cured of the symptoms. Do a urine culture after a week to know your status and in case of no improvement, a repeat dose of antibiotics, or a higher antibiotic may be needed. Hope this helped. Regards