Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I had and episode there where I suddenly felt faint

I had and episode there where I suddenly felt faint

Patient: I had and episode there where I suddenly felt faint and very sick, it passed after 5 mins and since then it’s been coming back in waves of tingles through out my whole body. I have never fainted before, it feels like a lot of activity is going in my head – like migraine type symptoms but not painful just an overwhelming lightheadedness. My breasts are very tender- the most so they have ever been.

Symptoms: Tingling through whole body, waves of lightheadedness and nausea

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.Your symptoms of feeling faint, assoc iated with tingling throughout the whole body and lightheadedness are suggestive of a vasovagal attack.Such attacks are common in those with postural hypotension, where certain activities like sudden standing up, or getting up from laying down position leads to a drop in BP causing such symptoms. But since it’s persistent in your case it is better to get some investigations done for the same. I will advise you to get CBC, FBS/PPBS, and thyroid profile done.Sometimes hormonal imbalance can cause similar symptoms but that is not the likely cause here. I am mentioning that since your breasts have been engorged. So provided all the tests are normal, and the symptoms persist, a hormonal evaluation can be done including FSH, LH, estrogen and progesterone.Kindly get the tests done and share the reports, and I can give my opinion based on that.Hope this was helpful,Feel free to discuss further,Regards.