I had Chest X Ray done a few weeks ago

Patient

Q: I had Chest X Ray done a few weeks ago and the Impression reads:
No acute pulmonary pathology
Mild chronic interstitial lung disease
Mild pulmonary hyperinflation
No evidence of calcified atheromatous changes of the aortic arch
What does all that means

Symptoms:  Shortness of breath
Doctor

A:   Welcome to Ask The Doctor.
We are here to help you.

Interstitial Lung Disease (ILD) / Occupational Lung Disease occurs usually after chronic long term exposure to some occupational toxins like silica, or even can occur in smoker's , coal mine workers.
It can also be found in smokers.
Rest other features also requires evaluation of chronic lung diseases.
I would advise you following:
1.HRCT Chest
2. Hemogram with ESR.
Your doctor will examine you and if congestion is found in the chest will treat you with inhaled bronchidilators like Salbutamol. You might also require short term use of inhaled steroids like Budesonide.
If there is any sign of infection in investigations and on clinical examination, he will also prescribe you broad spectrum antibiotics.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy

Patient: I have an appointment with a pulmonologist next month. My primary doctor who send me to have the x rays per my request told me there was no need to go to a specialist and that what I have is mild copd. But the impressions of the radiologist say something different.