Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I had cut my armpit several times before while shaving,I

I had cut my armpit several times before while shaving,I

Patient: I had cut my armpit several times before while shaving,I plucked my hair too but I quit coz it makes my armpit sore,the last time I had cut my armpit was in 2009.it was sore for 3 days.now the area where it got so swollen my armpit and side chest became a saggy or hanging skin,I even pressed it,don’t feel anything inside,is this normal?once in awhile it feel sore but not bothersome or not sore at all,do I have to be concern or get mammogram?i’m 32 now

Doctor: Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor.I have read your query.I understand your concern.As per details, it does not seem to be anything serious. Sometimes, after weight gain or swelling in armpit area, the skin gets loosened and does not revert back to original even after swelling is subsided or weight is lost.You need not to get mammogram done.Still if in doubt you may go for mammogram to resolve your fear.You should visit your doctor so that he can examine you and order tests for you.You can share my opinion with him.I hope it helps.Stay healthy.