I had dislocated my kneecap last May(2014) The ACL ligament damaged

Patient

Q: I had dislocated my kneecap last May(2014). The ACL ligament and one of the meniscus were damaged. I then had surgery in October(2014). Now its March(2015), today I'm having extreme pain in my knee. The sides and in the back. It's so swollen I can't walk or barely bend it. So I'm using the crutches again. But I'd like to know. Is it normal?What's going on?

Doctor

A:   Hello
Thank you for posting your query on ATD.

I have gone through your query and understand your concern. If it is swollen and movements are painful then you need to investigate it for blood in joint or arthritis. You need to undergo MRI for it. For this, you have to visit a doctor. It is not normal. Analgesic such as ibuprofen for pain relief and rest is its treatment at present. Icing and elevation are helpful in reducing pain. Hope your query get answered.

Wishing you a good health.
Take care.