I had intercourse for the first time, yet my boyfriend

Q: I had intercourse for the first time, yet my boyfriend used protection and did not ejaculate... But it has been 6 weeks since I had my last period and I am worried

Symptoms:  No symptoms

A:   Hi,

As you had protected intercourse the possibility of pregnancy is less.
Irregularities in menstrual cycles can occur due to many causes like stress and strain, lifestyle modifications, polycystic ovary disease etc leading to gonadal hormonal imbalance, thyroid hormonal imbalance, prolactin level changes etc.
Please go for urine pregnancy test once to rule out the possibility of pregnancy.
If test gives negative result, as it is six weeks over after your last menstrual period, better to consult your doctor and get evaluated.
By clinical examination and by investigations like ultrasound, gonadal hormonal profile, thyroid hormonal profile, prolactin levels, hemoglobin and blood sugar levels estimation etc the possible cause of your problem can be identified and treated.

Take care.