Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I had intercourse two months ago – and havent since

I had intercourse two months ago – and havent since

Patient: I had intercourse two months ago – and havent since then. My boyfriend did not ejaculate inside me, and I had a light period around my normal time. I have not shown any pregnancy signs. Should I still be stressing? What are my chances?

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.The very fact that you got y our period around the normal time ( the flow is not important ) rules out pregnancy completely and you should not worry.For pregnancy to occur, intercourse has to happen while you’re ovulating, and if fertilisation occurs, due to hormonal surge, a period can never happen during pregnancy.So you have nothing to worry about.Hope this was helpful,Regards