I had me tubes tied and burnt after my last

Patient

Q: I had me tubes tied and burnt after my last child in 2012... And I still had regular periods but for the last 6 months I haven't had one... But 3days ago I had one it was light but now its heavy and some times when I wipe between my legs it sometimes be a lot of clots on it.... Is this something serious.

Doctor

A:   Hi,

As you underwent tubectomy the possibility of pregnancy is less in your case.
Irregularities in menstrual cycles can occur due to many causes like lifestyle modifications, polycystic ovary disease, gonadal hormonal imbalance, thyroid hormonal imbalance, prolactin level changes, general conditions like anemia etc.
As you didn't have menstrual cycles for six months, that might have led to thickened endometrium and heavy flow in the present cycle.
As you are having heavy bleeding with clots, better to consult your doctor and take treatment to control the bleeding.
After that you can get evaluated for irregular periods.
Clinical examination and investigations like ultrasound, gonadal hormonal profile, thyroid hormonal profile, prolactin levels, hemoglobin and blood sugar levels estimation etc can help in finding out the possible cause of your problem can and treatment can be planned accordingly.

Take care.