I had microscopic Diskectomy surgery a week ago and it

Patient : I had microscopic Diskectomy surgery a week ago and it now when I cough or sneeze or bend my leg it sends shooting pain down my right leg is that normal?
Doctor :   Hi, read and understood that you have undergone microscopic discectomy a week ago and now you developed shooting pain do wn the right leg on coughing, sneezing and bending the leg. The most probable cause of such occurrence is that a spicule of the disc or a bone is impinging on the nerve roots supplying the affected part. I would advise you to go ahead with a fresh MRI without hesitation and thinking about the consequences. It is possible that this is still treatable and you will get the results. Consult the Operating Surgeon for clinical evaluation, clinico-pathological correlation and possible further treatment. Hope this helps you.