I had microscopic Diskectomy surgery a week ago and it

Patient: I had microscopic Diskectomy surgery a week ago and it now when I cough or sneeze or bend my leg it sends shooting pain down my right leg is that normal?

Doctor: Hi, read and understood that you have undergone microscopic discectomy a week ago and now you developed shooting pain do wn the right leg on coughing, sneezing and bending the leg.The most probable cause of such occurrence is that a spicule of the disc or a bone is impinging on the nerve roots supplying the affected part.I would advise you to go ahead with a fresh MRI without hesitation and thinking about the consequences.It is possible that this is still treatable and you will get the results. Consult the Operating Surgeon for clinical evaluation, clinico-pathological correlation and possible further treatment.Hope this helps you.