Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I had my baby 4/17/2015 20 days later my husband

I had my baby 4/17/2015 20 days later my husband

Patient: I had my baby 4/17/2015. 20 days later my husband and I had sex. I don’t have my follow up apt till Friday. What are the chances I have risked getting pregnant again so soon?

Doctor: Hello dear,Thanks for trusting ATD about your health care.I can understand your concern here.You can ovulate aga in as early as 2 weeks after delivery, so you should always have protected sex, because the chances of pregnancy are always there.In your case if you are aware that whether you start ovulating or not, you can calculate the risk.Some women starts ovulating after 25 days of delivery.So the chances are less but still be there.Hope it is useful, feel free to discuss more.Good luck.Regards