Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I had my implanon implant removed in 17th September 2014

I had my implanon implant removed in 17th September 2014

Patient: I had my implanon implant removed in 17th September 2014 , trying to concieve ever since but no luck , do I need to see a gp or is this normal , it is starting to make me very depressed , I have had regular periods since removal and have sex on ovulation days , very disheartened

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.As you are having regular menstrual cycles and ovulation th e other possible causes of your problem are fallopian tubal block, uterine causes like endometrial abnormalities, fibroids, adhesions etc.Male factors can also lead to infertility like abnormal seminal parameters like low sperm count, decreased motility etc, genital abnormalities like varicocele, ejaculatory duct obstruction etc.Better to get evaluated to find out the possible cause of your problem.By examination and by investigations like ultrasound, hysterosalpingography for female partner and by physical examination and semen analysis for male partner the possible cause of the problem can be identified and treatment can be planned accordingly.Take care.