Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I had my last molar on the right extracted about

I had my last molar on the right extracted about

Patient: I had my last molar on the right extracted about a year ago. It still hasn’t fully healed and I have a hole where it used to be. What should I do about it?

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query.Read and understood your concerns about the hole at a place where last molar was removed last year.The probable cause is retailed tooth part or osteomyelitis locally.I would advise you in such a situation to consult your Dentist, go for X-ray to see what is retained and get it removed. The would will heal within 7 days.I hope this answer helps you to take a proper decision.