I had my last period on the 13th of this month

Patient

Q: I had my last period on the 13th of this month and it only lasted 24 hours. I had my 5 year coil removed on the 17th after 3 years. I had unprotected sex since the 14th night and should has ovulated due to regular periods in the 27th (yesterday) however the past week I have severe bloating, nauseous feeling, severe fatigue even though I am sleeping a lot, cramping in the lower abdomen, stinging on the one side of my pelvis and sometimes a bubbly sensation. Even though I am not due on until the 10th April could I still be pregnant?

Doctor

If you have had sex the very next day of the period that had started, there is no chance of pregnancy. The symptoms that you have been experiencing could be a part of early pregnancy, but they are not specific to pregnancy. It can also be due to premenstrual syndrome, indicating that the cycles may arrive in a weeks time. However, you may test for a pregnancy on 14th day after the last sexual intercourse. This will clear out the doubts if you are really pregnant or not, do a beta hCG test for this which is more accurate.

Hope this helped.