I had my period February 8 - February 13

Patient : I had my period February 8 - February 13. I had sex the first day I ovulated, Wednesday, February 18, what are my chances of being pregnant?
Doctor :   Hello. Thanks for the query. If you are sure about your ovulation day then having unprotected intercourse on that da y increases your chances of pregnancy indeed. The best way to confirm or rule out would be to get a blood serum beta hCG test done after 8 days of intercourse to check for hCG levels. If the hCG levels are less than 1, then pregnancy is ruled out completely. On the contrary, if its more than 1 or raised, then pregnancy exists and confirmed that you are pregnant. I hope I have answered your query in detail. Wishing you good health. Regards