August 20, 2018

Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I had my period February 8 – February 13

I had my period February 8 – February 13

Patient: I had my period February 8 – February 13. I had sex the first day I ovulated, Wednesday, February 18, what are my chances of being pregnant?

Doctor: Hello.Thanks for the query.If you are sure about your ovulation day then having unprotected intercourse on that da y increases your chances of pregnancy indeed. The best way to confirm or rule out would be to get a blood serum beta hCG test done after 8 days of intercourse to check for hCG levels. If the hCG levels are less than 1, then pregnancy is ruled out completely. On the contrary, if its more than 1 or raised, then pregnancy exists and confirmed that you are pregnant.I hope I have answered your query in detail.Wishing you good health.Regards