I had my period February 8 - February 13

Patient

Q: I had my period February 8 - February 13. I had sex the first day I ovulated, Wednesday, February 18, what are my chances of being pregnant?

Doctor

A:   Hello.

If you are sure about your ovulation day then having unprotected intercourse on that day increases your chances of pregnancy indeed. The best way to confirm or rule out would be to get a blood serum beta hCG test done after 8 days of intercourse to check for hCG levels. If the hCG levels are less than 1, then pregnancy is ruled out completely. On the contrary, if its more than 1 or raised, then pregnancy exists and confirmed that you are pregnant.
I hope I have answered your query in detail.

Wishing you good health.